Mission, Beliefs, and Goals
Vision: Involved Community, Competitive Students, Productive Citizens
The LeRoy CUSD #2 Board of Education will support and participate in the process of creating the best educational opportunity for all students of our school system.
- To show student growth on an annual basis
- To provide a technology rich environment to enhance teaching and learning.
- To communicate on a regular basis.
- To be a part of the economic planning process.
- To create a facility improvement plan that will ensure our facilities provide the best educational opportunities.
- To establish clear expectations for the care and maintenance of our facilities.
- To adopt only a balanced budget.
- To build reserves equal to 180 days of operating expenses.
As a Board of Education we believe:
- All students must be given the opportunities to be educated to their fullest potential.
- Pre-K through 12 curricula must be articulated vertically from the highest level.
- Our expectations of performance must keep pace with a 21st Century World Economy.
- Intellectual curiosity is essential to the maximum achievement of the educational community.
- Diversity is essential to our students’ success in a global economy.
- Education must be valued by the community.
- Parents are partners in the educational process.
- A well-articulated and shared vision is the foundation for organizational advancement.
- Communication is essential to maximize the success of our school system.
- First class facilities are a key component of a first class education.
- Our schools must be safe.
- Financial wellness is essential to the sustainability of our school district.
- Our school must participate in the economic growth and development of our community.
- Board elections must be competitive in order to provide adequate representation.
- Our faculty and staff have the greatest responsibility in our country, “our children.”